The Québec Ombudsman and the accessibility of its website
While it is not subject to the Québec government's standards of website accessibility, the Québec Ombudsman is dedicated to respecting those standards so that people with a permanent or temporary impairment are able to easily access its site.
An impairment that restricts access to web content could be:
- Motor (problems using a mouse or keyboard)
- Cognitive or neurological (dyslexia or reading problems)
Compliance with accessibility standards
Most of the current content on this site is or will soon be compliant with the Québec government’s accessibility standards.
- Our home page and pages accessible from the navigation menu respect the website accessibility standard (SGQRI 008-01).
- As of November 10, 2012, our new PDF documents will comply with the downloadable document accessibility standard (SGQRI 008-02).
- As of May 10, 2013, all new multimedia content will respect the website multimedia accessibility standard (SGQRI 008-03).
In order to ensure that the Québec Ombudsman’s website complies with the government’s accessibility standard, we have used the following tools:
- W3C Validator http://validator.w3.org
- Firefox toolbar:
- Accessibility Toolbar
- Web Developer Toolbar
- WAVE toolbar
- Internet Explorer
- Web accessibility Toolbar
- Color Contrast Analyser 2.0
- Screen readers:
- Jaws, version 12, with Internet Explorer 9
- NVDA, version 2011.2, with Firefox 13.0.1
- Firefox 13.0.1
- Internet Explorer : versions 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Google Chrome 19.0
Examples of accessibility standards applied to this website
- All pages provide direct access to the search engine, site map and accessibility page.
- Users can change the font size of the text.
- The icon indicates that a hypertext link will open in a new browser window.
- The level of contrast complies with the standard.
- An extension provides the meaning of acronyms.
- Each page is organized in a hierarchical structure of titles and subtitles.
If you have any problems navigating this website, you can get help by calling one of our offices:
Québec: 418 643-2688
Montréal: 514 873-2032
Toll free: 1 800 463-5070
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.