Having trouble dealing with a Québec government department or agency or a health and social services institution?
The Québec Ombudsman can help you if you think you’ve been treated unfairly or improperly by:
- Québec government department or agency,
- health and social services institution: hospital centre, CLSC, youth centre, CHSLD, or rehabilitation centre,
- health and social services network organization, including community organizations governed by the Act respecting health services and social services,
- private nursing home, whether certified by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux or not,
- an ambulance company,
- detention centre.
Note that the Québec Ombudsman generally acts as a second recourse in cases involving health services and social services.
The Québec Ombudsman:
- operates at arm’s length from the Québec government
- is headed by a person appointed by the National Assembly
- has the power to make recommendations to the instances and bodies within its jurisdiction. Almost all of its public service recommendations are followed.
The Québec Ombudsman’s services are free and easy to access. All reports and complaints are handled confidentially.
You can file a complaint with the Québec Ombudsman:
- By phone
- Québec city: 418 643-2688
- Montréal: 514 873-2032
- Toll-free across Québec: 1 800 463-5070
- By filling in the complaint form on our website.
- By email : email@example.com
- By fax : 1 866 902-7130
- By mail or in person:
- 525, boul. René-Lévesque Est, bureau 1.25, Québec (Québec) G1R 5Y4
- 1080, côte du Beaver Hall, 10e étage, bureau 1000, Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1S8
The Québec Ombudsman investigates complaints and reports from individuals, groups, organizations or enterprises about a Québec government department or agency, or an institution in the health and social services network.